The purpose of the funding is to ensure children in receipt of Free School Meals [FSM], or those who have been in receipt over the past six years, achieve well alongside the rest of the school cohort.
- We ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all of the pupils
- We ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups, this includes ensuring that the needs of socially disadvantaged pupils are adequately assessed and addressed
- In making provision for socially disadvantaged pupils, we recognise that not all pupils who receive free school meals [FSM] will be socially disadvantaged. For the purpose of this policy FSM children include past as well as current recipients
- We also recognise that not all pupils who are socially disadvantaged are registered or qualify for FSM. We reserve the right to allocate the Pupil Premium funding to support any pupils or groups of pupils the school has legitimately identified as being socially disadvantaged. Any group will be made up of FSM children and non FSM children where their needs are similar, or where their needs help to create a learning environment more conducive to success for all
- Pupil Premium funding will be allocated following a needs analysis which will identify priority classes, groups or individuals.
For more information about how Pupil Premium funding is spent at Nelmes Primary School and how our children are achieving please click on the links below.